Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Lock & Mori by Heather Petty

I was waiting for the next season of Sherlock to come out, and I just wanted a little something to tide me over. Petty has written an intriguing alternate version of the Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty duo. A fast paced mystery set in modern times. I particularly enjoyed the development of the characters as they work through the mystery and learn more about their skills at observation and where they lack knowledge to accurately deduce the outcome.

I look forward to the release of the second in this series (December 6, 2016) to see how she continues to develop these characters and create her own "Sherlock" world.

1 comment :

tanita✿davis said...

So, "Lock" and "Mori" are friends in this version? Friends working together? That's very... unSherlockian, but I guess if we read the old stories, the big falling out was that Moriarty considered himself a sleuth of some renown as well. Interesting.