Sunday, November 22, 2015

And that's a wrap (almost) for the Book Fair for Ballou High School

As I write this (on Sunday night), we have 198 books left on the wish list for Ballou High School. As we started at just under 400, and several books are being sent direct to Ballou by authors, I can safely say that well over 200 books (more in the area of 250) have been bought for the school library this year.

HUZZAH!!!

I won't lie - constantly updating twitter and reaching out to folks on other social media, makes this book fair seem never ending sometimes. (I'm sure that some of the folks who follow me because I'm an aviation writer were endlessly confused over the past two weeks as I bombarded them with tweets about YA titles to send to a DC public school.) But it is so WORTH IT. The kids have already started receiving books and librarian Melissa Jackson is delighted with what they have received. We certainly accomplished some great stuff for Ballou over the past two weeks and I am so happy, as always, to have been a part of this.

We are going to pop back up on Cyber Monday, just in case some of you are in a gifting mood that extends beyond your own family and friends. If we can maybe get another 10 or 20 books that way, it will sure make the holiday brighter for Melissa. Personally, I wish I could send her 10,000 books and turn Ballou into one of the best teen libraries in the nation. It's something to aim for, don't you think? Every library in America should be that great.

Stay tuned until next Monday but in the meantime - THANK YOU so much for your support of the Book Fair!

No comments :