Wednesday, July 22, 2015

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

Freedom. Love. Family. Tyranny. Trust. 
All words that come to mind in relation to the epic story Sabaa Tahir has woven for her readers. 
The more I read, the more I wanted to know about the lives and society she had created for us. I wanted to know how far she would push her male and female protagonists and the cast of characters around them. What each of them was willing to do to secure freedom, to love, for their family - or in spite of it, all in the face of a tyrannical regime. 
Who could be trusted to help Elias and Laia - could they even trust each other? 
I thoroughly enjoyed finding out! For all of those readers out there looking for a new world to sink their teeth in to with new protagonists to cheer for - even if you don't really WANT to cheer for them - I highly recommend An Ember in the Ashes. I seriously hope that she gets to continue this story for us in the VERY near future!

No comments :