Thursday, February 5, 2009

Book Review- The Navigator and City of Time by Eoin McNamee


The Navigator and City of Time by Eoin McNamee

The Navigator summary: One day the world around Owen shifts oddly: Time flows backwards, and the world and family he knew disappear. Time can only be set right when the Resisters vanquish their ancient enemies, the Harsh. Unless they are stopped, everything Owen knows will vanish as if it has never been....And Owen discovers he has a terrifying role to play in this battle: he is the Navigator.

City of Time summary: Cati, the bold Watcher readers met in The Navigator, returns from the shadows of time to summon Owen and Dr. Diamond, for time is literally running out. The moon is coming closer to the earth, causing havoc with weather, tides, and other natural cycles; people fear the world will end. To discover what’s gone wrong, Cati, Owen, and the Doctor must take an astonishing journey to the City of Time, where time is bought and sold. There, Owen begins to understand his great responsibility and power as the Navigator.



I got the second book in this series (City of Time) in a big package that I got from Random House this past summer. So I had to find the first book and I couldn't find it in any bookstore, and while my local library had it, I didn't have the time to read an extra book. So finally, I went home for Christmas and at my old library, they had the audio books for both Navigator and City of Time. So I listened to both at work.

It's a good futuristic series and had some great suspense to it; I enjoyed the originality of McNamee's storyline. The characters were all really well-written and unique; I particularly enjoyed the characters of Katie and Owen. Kirby Heyborne did a great job reading the two novels and providing all the voices for the characters, which were all different and unique for easy identification. It's a fantastically woven story and I absolutely can't wait to read (or listen to) the third book, which will be out this June.

The third (and final) book is titled The Frost Child and will be released on June 9. You can pre-order a copy of The Frost Child from Amazon.

No comments :